Author Topic: Updating the Server?  (Read 3217 times)

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
Updating the Server?
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:12:09 pm »
Gonna update the server for 1.5?  I got a 10$ donation waiting for you.

My awesome donation story

*Que morning epic music* Do, do do do do do.

"Ahh what a beatiful day, good thing I cashed my cheaque just yesterday.  I wonder how much spare money I have." I asked myself as I awoke from my pleasent two hour nap, cause that's all the sleep I ever get, cause i'm a father... I have a son.  Anyways.  To my amazement I have TONS of money (no duh).  So I'm going to start throwing it around for things I want. So I logged on today to make a donation to the server and to my amazement.  BAM! There is an update.  HELLZ YEAH!  Update.  Then unfortunatly the server isn't 1.5 yet. So i'm just a wondering when the server will be back?

Ad...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Re: Updating the Server?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 02:04:53 pm »
Sigh. The server will be 1.5 when a CraftBukkit build which is stable enough for plugins to update with, is 1.5.
We run CraftBukkit, which is a modified version of the Mojang Minecraft_server.jar
So it doesn't update when Mojang does. It relies on Mojang.
A recent announcement from the Bukkitdev team said that they expect a lot of "bug fix" releases from Mojang (1.5.1, 1.5.2, etc) and they are waiting until Mojang is stable until they begin to update their modified version. So it will be that much longer.
AFTER the bukkitdev team updates the modified server jar, THEN all the plugins which use it have to update to agree with the new version. Many of them have no choice but to update because they use NMS, which recently became version specific in the Bukkit code. Very few are stable enough to stay unbroken.
After we have versions of plugins that we can rely on not to crash and burn, THEN we will update.

Tl;dr? Learn to downgrade, it's a valuable tool regardless.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:55:17 pm by 1cec0ld »

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 05:59:57 pm »
If you need to down grade, use the minecraft assets page.

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft.jar

Put that file in the 'bin' folder of your minecraft folder, and then launch minecraft.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:16 pm »
If you need to down grade, use the minecraft assets page.

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft.jar

Put that file in the 'bin' folder of your minecraft folder, and then launch minecraft.

Wow... I didn't know that servers didn't rely on just the mojang updates. Well then begin downgrading! Also this would be the first time I ever donated to a server, so umm.. yeah How do I do it? I know I pay via paypal, but where do I put my IGN so that you know I donated?

Thanks for the help :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:53:39 pm by Pythonhier »

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 11:43:38 pm »
Wow... I didn't know that servers didn't rely on just the mojang updates. Well then begin downgrading! Also this would be the first time I ever donated to a server, so umm.. yeah How do I do it? I know I pay via paypal, but where do I put my IGN so that you know I donated?

Thanks for the help :D

Just mention your IGN in the additional details of the donations. Something along those lines.