Author Topic: Trainer Battles!  (Read 3260 times)

Raveh

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 17
Trainer Battles!
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:35:32 am »
One of the more enjoyable moments in the pokemon games are the trainer battles.
so why wouldn't it be in the server?
I know there are wild wars and etc. but I mean to do something realy simillar to the game:(it will require some plugin making d:)
a trainer can invite another trainer to fight by /battlea <playername> <prize amount for the winner>
the trainer who was invited will get a message like: "Raveh invited you to a pokemon battle! prize:100$ type /battleaccept to accept or /battledeny to deny the battle!"
Then, if the battle is accepted, the two players will be teleported to a little squared arena, where they fight. once one kills the other, they immedietly warp back to where they were before.
the winner gets te amount of prize, and this amount is taken from the loser. like in the game - the loser doesn't lose his items (pokemons), they stay with him.
I know it will require some serious coding, but, what do you think?

Hoenn builder
Future Gymleader
Future champion
Future controller of the universe.

Ad...

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
Re: Trainer Battles!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:39:01 am »
There would have to be a limit to battles per day/week/hour etc. to prevent spam if this would be on the server.

cabass

• Banned
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -39
  • Huntsman, if you need an assassin, just mail me.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
Raveh I like this idea but there has to be a condition. The Condition would be the prize would be taken from the oferree (person who offers the battle), and if the offeree wins he gets double (because the offer has to be put back in his balance first) and if the other one wins he gets the money and the offeree loses it.

This condition would be needed so that people wouldnt agree to just let the others  beat them so they could win millios of dollars, it is like money you dont need to try for.

Another condition needed is the amount of money you are able to put in (like 1000) and a limit of these per day (5 for example) because otherwise you could just double the whole time and get an amazing amount of money.

Again, I like this idea, But it might not be possible due to the amount of conditions you would need to control this.

BjZrGooD

• PokeManiac
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 08:11:21 pm »
This is a really good idea- wait for Thursday Admin meeting :D

cabass

• Banned
  • Friendliness: -39
  • Huntsman, if you need an assassin, just mail me.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »
 :D

zekrom74

• Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: -9
  • wth is going on? ._.
    • www.falsewebsite.co.uk.sg.net@gmail.com/http://legithacks(legittothemax)
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 05:08:29 am »
The wise one has blessed us with an idea. All hail the wise philosopher.

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 12:04:23 am »
Raveh I like this idea but there has to be a condition. The Condition would be the prize would be taken from the oferree (person who offers the battle), and if the offeree wins he gets double (because the offer has to be put back in his balance first) and if the other one wins he gets the money and the offeree loses it.
This condition would be needed so that people wouldnt agree to just let the others  beat them so they could win millios of dollars, it is like money you dont need to try for.

I think it would be better if the prize money was taken from the loser and given to the winner, theres no way to get rich off of that by 'boosting'

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:23:55 pm »
Raveh, this is the most epic idea I've heard of!  :pray:   :D
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

Raveh

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: 17
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 03:13:19 pm »
This is a really good idea- wait for Thursday Admin meeting :D
since this was more than a month ago, and yet no more admin comments - I gonna bring this suggestion back alive, just in case the admins just didn't see it.
Hoenn builder
Future Gymleader
Future champion
Future controller of the universe.

Z4X3R

• Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 08:05:46 pm »
Thanks for doing it, I just now saw it, and I really like the idea. If we could make it work, I would love it.

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
Thanks for doing it, I just now saw it, and I really like the idea. If we could make it work, I would love it.

Rare candied  :D
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »
One of the more enjoyable moments in the pokemon games are the trainer battles.
so why wouldn't it be in the server?
I know there are wild wars and etc. but I mean to do something realy simillar to the game:(it will require some plugin making d:)
a trainer can invite another trainer to fight by /battlea <playername> <prize amount for the winner>
the trainer who was invited will get a message like: "Raveh invited you to a pokemon battle! prize:100$ type /battleaccept to accept or /battledeny to deny the battle!"
Then, if the battle is accepted, the two players will be teleported to a little squared arena, where they fight. once one kills the other, they immedietly warp back to where they were before.
the winner gets te amount of prize, and this amount is taken from the loser. like in the game - the loser doesn't lose his items (pokemons), they stay with him.
I know it will require some serious coding, but, what do you think?

It can't be done with MD, and our only java plugin maker quit. Unless you want to start lurking in the Plugin Requests Topic of bukit forums, this can't go anywhere farther than theory.

Z4X3R

• Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 09:21:23 pm »
Ah, yes I forgot about that. *Noted